Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'm a virgin. You must be gentle.
I've been putting this off for a while. I don't know why, exactly. It's a commitment, at least it seems like it is, & I fear those. But I'm certainly not up to sending individual, personalized e-mails to everyone I know who might be interested in this stuff, so this is better, I guess. I've got a lot of stuff to share. From now & before. This is gonna be kinda jumbled & totally non-linear at least for a while. I hope
it's not gonna be too tedious, for you, gentle reader, nor for me, your humble servant.
I don't know why I'm finally starting
this now. Not because it's almost Christmas. I hate Christmas, but we won't get into that just now.
So this is our shop, well, it's the store in front; The Roswell Space Center, where we sell Roswell T-shirts & alien tchotchkes. Inside is the Roswell Spacewalk, our roadside attraction (it's a walk-through blacklight trip through time & space art installation, more on that later).








Our sign shop; Signs Of Life [in Roswell] is in the back, & upstairs way in the back is my studio/workspace/hideout place. That's where I'm doing this. Where I do my magic, such as it is.
That's our sign from the place we were at before, 1 mile west of here. It's 4x16 feet & weighs about a half a ton & is currently up on the roof facing the sky. Soon it will be hanging over the roll-up door. That will be better.




Change of Venue
Here's our new (to us) house that we're still moving into. It's in town. We were out in the sticks before. It's nice, a good location for having to show up for work at a shop 'downtown' every day. It's not nearly large enough to hold all of our stuff, which is a bit of a problem. We have a lot of stuff.

2 comments:

Zerk said...

I am popping your comment cherry! OMG OMG OMG! Ahhhh!!! Getting back to the point the house is so cute. Haha, you live in a cute house. I will have to come visit it some time.

Jesse said...

Hey,
Nice blog. Now I can find out what's going on with you guys and actually see pictures too. Cool. I wondered what your shop looked like and now I know. I like the 50 gallon decorated drums on the side, nice. I'm not sure how or when but I want to make an expedition down there to the desert. My life is a little complicated right now but soon I think it will smooth out a little. Sheyenne would love a road trip through those lands and she would love to see her favorite grandpa. We'll see you soon.